Friday, October 30, 2009

God Remembers

“I will never forget you”

The word “God Remembers” appears many times in the Bible. God has over time remembered His faithful people in moments when it was least expected. Note that scripture does not say that He ever forgot. God Does not forget, He said so Himself.
We need to know that no matter what we are going through, or what we have done, or who we are, God knows all of this and He will always remember us.

In the beginning, God initiated a covenant with His people, and through this covenant He made promises to His people, he was bound to keep these promises. When the time came for the people to receive the promises, God remembered His covenant. And when God remembers He responds in a huge way- When He remembered Noah, the floods began to subside, When He remembered Rachel and Hannah and they conceived, when He remembered the Israelites, they started their journey out of slavery, when he remembered Abraham he saved Lot from a city about to be destroyed. Friends, when we are faithful to God, He will remember us and bless us beyond what we can ever imagine. We should never falter in our obedience of His commands because in a covenant, both parties have to keep their side of the promise if they are to reap the benefits.

The covenant we now have with God is like a marriage of sorts. This covenant was renewed when Jesus came to earth. At the Lord’s supper we are reminded that Jesus’ death initiated a new covenant to save us ALL. That God loves us no matter what, and that we have a relationship with God our Father that can never be broken by Him.

“This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.”-Luke 22:20

So, let us make sure God remembers us, let us accept His unconditional love that works miracles in us, and mostly, let us always keep in mind that never at anyone moment has the Almighty Father forgotten about us not once!

“The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, declares the LORD. “This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time,” declares the LORD. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbors, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.- Jer 31:31-34

No comments:

Post a Comment