Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Faith in Action

Faith is believing you have something as true/real before you see it. Technically, we walk by faith every day. E.g we believe that when we give the lady at the kiosk 1,500 shillings, she will give us a bottle of Coke. Let’s imagine that the lady did not give you the bottle of coke after giving her 1,500, what would we do? Logically we would find out if the price went up or if she run out of coke. Right? So as long as the kiosk is open, stocked and I have my 1,500 Shs, I know and believe that I will get my Coke.

Now, has God’s supply run out, or has he upped the price? Clearly no. Similarly, as long as God lives, and His promises still stand, and I have faith, I know and believe that I will get what I ask.

So let’s examine the principles used to get this Coke.

1- I will need to know that the kiosk sells Coke.
2- I will need to have 1,500 shs in my pocket.
3- I will need to walk to the kiosk.
4- I will need to ask for coke.
5- I will need to pay 1,500.
6- I will get my coke.

Translation:

1- I will need to know that God promises my healing (Read the Bible, find the promise)
2- I will need to know the cost of healing. (Christ)
3- I will need to go to God in prayer. (Pray)
4- I will need to ask for healing. (Ask in prayer, speak your faith, say it)
5- I will need to pay for my healing. (Christ)
6- I will be healed. (Yay!)

Here’s the fun part- the price for healing was already paid at the cross! So this is what we have now:
1- I will need to know that God promises my healing.
2- I will need to go to God in prayer.
3- I will need to ask for healing (knowing and believing it has already been paid for)
4- I will be healed

A combination of all these principles nurtures belief. For when we are sure that we will get whatever has been given unto us, we believe and cannot doubt. (Mark 11:24)

So can we believe we are righteous, forgiven, saved, healed, rich, and happy? Sure, as long as we can find a promise in the Bible that God said, we already got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment